Author Topic: Rlogin Client Update  (Read 5398 times)

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rlogin Client Update
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2019, 11:56:47 PM »
Where can I download the latest versions?

I will put an archive up, I really want to come up with something different for the masking option.
only down side is for it to completely work 100% you would need to use my globals package
or maybe I can write a "who's online" addon so I can make all instances of showing who is
online to return one static response.

j.tolar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 10:35:11 AM »
I actually have your globals I bought back in 2013. I assume the keys still work.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:47:04 AM by j.tolar »

j.tolar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 03:43:41 PM »
Where will I be able to find these archives? The files on the bbs are not available. says the files are not in the correct location.

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 07:49:20 PM »
I actually have your globals I bought back in 2013. I assume the keys still work.

oh the package got much better and simplified.

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2019, 07:49:58 PM »
Where will I be able to find these archives? The files on the bbs are not available. says the files are not in the correct location.

had a hard disk issue last year never got around to rebuilding them. which files you looking for.

j.tolar

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 07:58:04 PM »
Primarily latest RLogin Client from 2016 onward. I have CHAT340N.ZIP and GC510N.ZIP from 05/2013 with key for Reg# 74544129. so any updates for those as well.

j.tolar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 09:44:50 AM »
I will put an archive up,

Where will I be able to get these archives? BBS? in the forums? on a website? not sure if I missed a post somewhere.

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
I will put an archive up,

Where will I be able to get these archives? BBS? in the forums? on a website? not sure if I missed a post somewhere.

for right now I use the bbs file libraries. used to be thousands of files in there but I been rebuilding them on a remote drive I am gonna allow the bbs, an ftp server, and an http index page to access all from one location.

toor

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2022, 12:09:17 PM »
This update sounds awesome, where can I find it? Thanks!

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2022, 02:33:32 PM »
Where can I download the latest versions?

BBS.arcticzonebbs.net

jtolar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2022, 12:14:37 PM »
If you get a chance, could you look into an issue I've been having with the rlogin module?  I use it to connect to both a GameSRV setup, and a Tradewars Gold server.  In both cases, it'll connect 2-6 times in a row without an issue.  It'll then stop connecting for multiple tries, and then randomly start connecting properly again.  When it fails for Tradewars, Worldgroup will complain that it connected, but expects the rlogin protocol and can't find it.  Gamesrv will throw up an error in it's logs stating that it timed out waiting for the rlogin header.  I spoke with Rick Parrish, the man behind GameSRV, and after a couple days of trouble-shooting, he basically told me its a problem in Worldgroup's rlogin client, and there's nothing he could do on his end.  I really don't know anything more about what the actual problem is, other than it's related to the way that the WG rlogin client passes on the "rlogin header."  It's apparently not the standard that other rlogin servers are looking for? 

I would have directed this to the MajorBBS Resto... but the site has been gone for months, as everyone is finding out.  It now points to some bit coin mining troll website.  And, you seem to be much more active with the rlogin client, as shown in the multiple updates you've added to it over the years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is there an update that fixes this problem? I can confirm this is happening. I have door party connector and thought it was an issue there so I started writing my own connector and I can connect successfully two or three times but after that it connects to the rlogin server on the connector but doesn’t send credentials. After about 90 seconds or so I can try again and it starts working correctly.

I can recreate it fairly consistently. I can send the basic C# project I built for the rlogin service you can test with. I stopped work after I noticed it was a problem from the bbs side. Actually I will push my changes up to a GitHub repository and post the url back here. Ultimately I want to rewrite the GameSvr project in .Net 6 and finish where Rick left off.