Author Topic: Alpha Test 3.0 Patch 1  (Read 125 times)

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alpha Test 3.0 Patch 1
« on: February 12, 2024, 08:27:56 PM »
The Acolyte class has been implemented and deployed...

This class is a support class that can wield only maces, and wear flexible metallic armor,
and can employ the use of healing, curative, combat, and other support spells and may
also pick herbs that grow in the wild and use them to brew unique potions that may not
be acquired any other way. They also can bless crafted gems with some of their spells
that change the gems properties and gives it special bonuses.

It gains the following titles...

Priest at level 26
Vicar at level 76
Curate at level 151
Heirophant at level 251

They also gain the following skills...

Recall at level 1
------------------
this skill allows them to bind to any temple which they can teleport to anytime they want

Benediction at level 15
-------------------------
this skill allows them to deal increased weapon damage based on their current knowledge for the next 3
attack rounds as long as they are dealt within the next 90 seconds.

Resurrection ward at level 26
---------------------------------
this skill allows them to place a resurrection ward on themself that lasts for 60 seconds and will prevent them from
dying if they take damage that would otherwide kill them and it sets a cooldown of 15 minutes, however if the
resurrection ward is used and does not expire then it wil lset the delay to two hours.

Resurrection ritual at level 26
---------------------------------
this skill allows you to resurrect a user who has been killed as long as you cast it on them in the room they
were killed in. if they accept, they lose all their carried gold and lose an additional 5% experience but do
not have to wait until tomorrow to play again.

Smite at level 76
-------------------
this skill allows them to put a debuff on a single monster and take reduced damage from that monster for the
next 30 seconds and then receive a delay from using it again for the next 3 minutes.

Consecration at level 151
----------------------------
this skill allows them to purify the ground of the room they are standing in causing enemies to take damage over time and
every time it damages an enemy, they lose 5 corruption and if it kills an enemy, they lose 10 corruption. this skill can only
be used every 5 minutes.

Purify at level 251
--------------------
this skill will purify them removing all of their acquired corruption and then they cannot use ti again for 1 hour.

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Test 3.0 Patch 1
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 08:36:07 PM »
modified the patch with the following...

the metal dropping system has been changed. now instead of being per monster the game detects if you are in a zone that drops metal and
if so and the monster is not carrying an item it will have them drop metal with an 10% chance. this was done due to the fail chance of crafting
weapons and metal will need to be farmed much more than the other resources.

growing plants that can be picked by acolytes now spawn randomly when the system initializes for the day at an 18% chance then throughout the day
there is a 9% chance each hour new nodes will spawn only if something has been picked from that zone. if noone has picked anything it will leave the
original nodes alone.

the "BREW" command in workshops now shows what the potion does.

added an experimental system that allows experience gains to go up based on level. higher levels have some insane gaps between them
and this will allow that gap to be closed... this game has an actual end-game to have fun in and i do not eant the entire experience to be
about the leveling. i want you to also enjoy the monster invasions, raids, and other events. right now the exp gain is 1% for every 5
levels you gain.

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 12:01:10 PM »
implemented the following changes...

slightly reduced weight and protections of all the forest acquired armor.

modified the potion brewing fail system... the brewed potions are unique so there should be some trial and error there.
the new success/fail system is based on a combo of intellect, knowledge, level, and the level of the item.
(note: potions have internal levels and are not locked to that level to use, anyone can drink one)

BUG: the bug still exists on the stat screen running all over the place when stats are boosted, currently
working on a system where boosts and drains will have their own screens.

removed the "special resource" that each class used to have that was left over from before races were added.
all specialty skills are now on their own delay system instead of something you have to acquire and manage.

metal should drop way more frequently now... i do say "way" sparingly. when in a metal-dropping zone such as a mine
the random monsters will have a 12% chance to drop it and laired monsters will have a 6.

tiefling race passive of equipping two magical items is now back on the table... i fixed the issue that was blocking
the magical item from proccing.

Darthenzar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 11:52:40 PM »

BUG: the bug still exists on the stat screen running all over the place when stats are boosted, currently

Couldn't you just list the updated stat right next to the standard stat may it be higher or lower?  Or create a small table for stats.

Stat                  Core / Modified
Physicque           22  /   30

I'm pretty sure I have seen older versions with updated stats that were not shifted all over in ta97 and in other older TA's

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 08:55:58 PM »

Couldn't you just list the updated stat right next to the standard stat may it be higher or lower?  Or create a small table for stats.

Stat                  Core / Modified
Physicque           22  /   30

I'm pretty sure I have seen older versions with updated stats that were not shifted all over in ta97 and in other older TA's

the difference is there is info listed beside the stat so it pushes it off.