Author Topic: Reverse lookup  (Read 86 times)

Montroze

• View Profile
Reverse lookup
« on: November 02, 2023, 09:15:52 PM »
I would help get rid of these wanna be hackers when they see thier IP on screen, like syncronet bbs has as you connect. Is this possible?

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse lookup
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2023, 11:45:50 PM »
I would help get rid of these wanna be hackers when they see thier IP on screen, like syncronet bbs has as you connect. Is this possible?

you just need their WAN ip, its possible, ill look into the c++ api and the whatismyip api see if i can pull it.

Montroze

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 07:14:03 PM »
Non SGA spits out the IP and alot leave, sometimes when I have free time I'll post on thier scren"best jump back into bede, your mom's pulling up the driveway. :)

Daniel Spain

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2023, 05:45:00 PM »
Non SGA spits out the IP and alot leave, sometimes when I have free time I'll post on thier scren"best jump back into bede, your mom's pulling up the driveway. :)

alot of those bots are actually harmless there are a few sites that have them logon to verify online status. nothing malicious can be done via telnet to really
pose a threat. i used to monitor those SGA connects years ago and noticed it was just bots. smtp sniffers are the problem since there is not restrictions
on the worlgroup side it is best to disable 25 so the email spammers dont attach and send.

Montroze

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 06:56:48 PM »
Yeah I realize the bots, but thier will be someone running them. Every time I inter up thier script and post the" ip" and type"ip logged to disk" they disconnect, but if it can't be done I guess thats ok. :(