Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General / Re: 3.50 Update Important Info
« Last post by Daniel Spain on May 16, 2024, 11:35:37 PM »
1, are the monk and other classes gonna be released? 2, are the paladin ultimate weapons gonna be in the game?

monks are already in. i use a monk to test as im developing the new engine. they still hit a bit too hard but theyre coming around.

you mean promotion weapons? yes and since the map was completely moved around their areas will differ now.
Feedback / Re: White Rune Feedback
« Last post by Daniel Spain on May 16, 2024, 11:32:34 PM »

thats for the portal rooms in towns and if you're aarakocra you can fly yourself to any of the unlocked portals.
[/quote]

Question does this mean the Aarakocra can fly through stone areas since it uses the unlocked portals?   That doesn't make much sense I can see outdoor areas they could fly to but underground does not make sense.
[/quote]

same could be said for practically any fast travel system in any game. it's just a convenience. and it always takes you to the entrance anyhow, so in theory.... they fly across the great lake, over the sewer complex, through the desert and land at the entrance to the stoneworks.
« Last post by starcatgames on May 16, 2024, 05:58:11 PM »
1, are the monk and other classes gonna be released? 2, are the paladin ultimate weapons gonna be in the game?
« Last post by Darthenzar on May 15, 2024, 06:39:35 PM »

[/quote]

thats for the portal rooms in towns and if you're aarakocra you can fly yourself to any of the unlocked portals.
[/quote]

Question does this mean the Aarakocra can fly through stone areas since it uses the unlocked portals?   That doesn't make much sense I can see outdoor areas they could fly to but underground does not make sense.
Bug Reporting / 'Chieftain' is misspelled
« Last post by SoarRooster on May 15, 2024, 11:10:04 AM »
Lizard 'chieftain' is misspelled.  Possibly others but I just happened to notice it today.

Code: [Select]
You're in an arena.
There is a lizard chieftian here.
There is nothing on the floor.

Code: [Select]
You're in an arena.
There is an orc chieftian here.
There is nothing on the floor.
« Last post by SoarRooster on May 13, 2024, 08:52:52 PM »
That first level is sometimes extremely unlucky..   I'd hate to take the payout and get wrecked by a bad spawn.

That being said, I do look forward to the improvements you've mentioned.  I can't wait to spin up a new rogue and start exploring the changes.  I'll probably just focus on updating my scripts/triggers in the meantime.

Thanks for the info!
« Last post by Daniel Spain on May 13, 2024, 07:31:37 PM »
That's a bit confusing for someone new to the game.  As a player who cannot utilize that "portal" destination, telling me it unlocked is misleading.

If the message appeared only for an aarakocra, you could tell them they can fly to this location in the future...

Something like...  "Area unlocked!  You may now fly directly to this location."

Aarakocra see "nesting spot unlocked" when in a portal in town you can teleport to any area you have previously visited.
it is becoming "fast travel" in the future and will not need a portal to use you can do it from anywhere.
« Last post by Daniel Spain on May 13, 2024, 07:29:59 PM »
I am also very curious, as I have 6 or 7 chars at lvls 8 9 or 10 and not sure if it's worth continuing to play with them.

only really high levels will be affected. in the update you have to start over but a command will exist to either "upgrade" your
character from the old database or accept money for your old character and stay new.
character creation is way different now, you start with 5;s in all stats and allocate points into each stat until you
have used 125 stat points. it lets you fine tune your character more. race kits changed and class kits changed.
you get more abilities and over 100 magical items have entered the drop pool. also the map layouts have changed.
i kept things more closer together with less travel time.
« Last post by Daniel Spain on May 13, 2024, 07:27:22 PM »
Curious how this update will apply to n00bs (like me) who won't reach first promotion yet...  I'm trying to determine if it's worth grinding any further before the update lands.

that will be easy. the old way was level 100 was max and you promoted every 25 levels. now you go...

level 1-25 = promote to 1
level 26-75 = promote to 2
level 76-175 = promote to 3
level 176-375 = promote to 4

after promotion 4 you can only level inside paragon dungeons.
« Last post by nickhoekstra on May 13, 2024, 02:02:59 PM »
I am also very curious, as I have 6 or 7 chars at lvls 8 9 or 10 and not sure if it's worth continuing to play with them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10